Sunday, January 26, 2014

Here we go...

So…it’s pretty boring and nothing special, but that’s okay. It’s a blog nonetheless, and it’ll work for me! Luckily for me, I will have the pleasure of blogging during my mission! For those who don’t already know, I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Mexico, Merida Mission. I will serve for 18 months and teach in the Spanish language. Words can’t even begin to describe how excited I am for this opportunity to learn and grow in the gospel, and to teach the wonderful people in Mexico of the doctrines I know to be true. I thought that it might be a good idea to write a couple posts before I go! Also, while I’m in the field, I’ll be able to post my weekly emails and pictures on here for those of you who want to stay updated on my journey! It’s my prayer that this blog will not be too boring and that you all will be able to read my weekly letters and emails all in one place! I’m working on becoming a better writer because I feel as if my writing is pretty mind-numbing…maybe that’ll change, but don’t count on it.

3 comments:

  1. hey Mel, i am wary of blogs but yours is actually cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going for that (: It'll get better. Maybe I can change your opinion about blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody, It's not boring--we're just slow in establishing a new habit --to check your blog! I knew you would find inventive ways to communicate during the time you have devoted to serve--your selection as a blogger is, I think, just an early example of your ability to influence those who have an interest. I'm so excited that I can not only tell people what you are doing and where, but I can send them to your blog to read about WHY you are serving a mission. Love you Always, Aunt Celeste

    ReplyDelete