Thursday, April 10, 2014

FIRST WEEK!

Whoohoo, first week in the MTC! (CCM as we call it over here on west campus, which is where I'll begin...At the MTC, because there asre SO many spanish speaking missionaries, we have main campus. (where I was dropped off) and west campus. The only missionaries who live and study over here are spanish speakinig, which is soooo nice!! All of the teachers/leaders/missionaries on this campus speak spanish..and everyone else is up on main campus. We have our classrooms, apartments, chapels, cafeteria, bookstore, etc...and we LOVE it! We go up to main campus on the bus (about a mile drive) for devotional, conference, etc..only a couple times this week. Kinda like our own little world over here..

Ok, so that's that.

On Sunday night, the acapella group "Vocal Point" from BYU came and performed, holy wow. It was phenomenal. Mom, Caroline, and Preslee, I recommend looking it up, (or just watching the devotional online) that would be even better, because a few of them talked about their missions which was sweet. All 9 are return missionaries! So cool.

I found out yesterday I won't be able to call home on Mother's day from the MTC but the next day is when I fly to Mexico and I get to call from the airport, so be waiting for that early on May 12..We've got some time (: 

My companion? So great.. I just love her! She's from Gilroy California and is such a saint. We get along well (:

So, kinda odd...On my 3rd day here I got a letter in the mail (as well as everyone else in my district) saying that I would be going to Las Vegas on Tuesday to get my visa..so 11 of us got up at about 3:50 AM, went to the airport, flew to vegas, waited around ALL day, went to the Mexican consulate, they took our picture, scanned our fingers, boom. DONE! Got my visa. And then we flew back later that night. It was a longgg day but we met the skeleton olympian girl who's mormon! She ran over and started giving us all high- fives and then since she was on the same flight, she sat with us and talked to us for a while. We all took pictures with her, and she loved it! She put pictures with us on her facebook and now we all feel famous haha. She even let us hold her silver medal (; I'll send a picture. She was the one they talked about in general conference who wore her YW medallion the whole time! She was AWESOME! Loved it.

(This is super long, sorry!!) So much happened this week! 

My zone is great. 5 elders, 2 sisters. Elder Cragun and Elder Reynolds are the bomb. They say hi (; and lots of love.

I'm the sister training leader for our zone, kinda like a zone leader but a female, so fun! I interview the new sisters and give them an orientation on their first night, and help the zone leaders plan and conduct Sunday meetings. 

General conference, WHAT?! So good. Muy bueno. It's different as a missionary. For real. We were all like a bunch of little kids on Christmas, everybody scribbling notes and such. Good thing my zone leaders have girlfriends, (they get boxes like everyday)! So elder Trotter got a box on Friday with homemade cinnamon rolls, a bag of icing, oreos, pb m&m's, starbursts and cookies. In between conference sessions, you can probably guess what we were doing! Let's just say I felt sick for a day...or two...
worth it.

Dear Elder--Please use it!! You can get on the website, type out a letter, enter my info, and they will print it out the same day and put it in my mailbox...for FREE!! Please do it, it's uber convenient and letters make missionaries happy (: 

I love you all so much! Thank you for your support. This week has been amazing. Hard, long, strenuous, but so great. The Spirit is so strong here, We've taught 5 lessons to our investigator, Angel so far. He's wayyy cool, (and a good actor, too!) haha.

I love this gospel. I LOVE being a missionary. I love the power of prayer and have a testimony of it..We pray like 500 times a day (in Spanish) and it gets me through the tough days (there's been a few just in the past week)..

I hope this wasn't too long and scattered, there's just so much I want to tell you guys! Love you so much.




My address is 

Sister Melody Maki
MAY12 MEX-MER
2023 N 900 E Unit 801
Provo, UT 84602

Dear Elder, it's the best (: Check it out.

Love you all, 

until next week..

 Hermana Maki (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment