Saturday, July 12, 2014

Another week in the life of Hermana Maki :)

I know it probably sounds weird for a missionary to "not have much news" but I´m sad to say that I really don´t have much this week, and I´m not sure why! We worked hard all week and walked lots!

Last Monday, I went to WALMART! I felt like I was at home..and I felt very American..it was weird.
The world cup is this month for soccer, and it´s been hard to find new people because everyone´s in their houses watching the televisión. Half of our ward left after sacrament meeting yesterday to watch the game, but Mexico lost, and I´m convinced it´s for that reason..haha. Futbol here is their religión! P Day last week, we were in Centro (it´s like the main touristy downtown part of Merida) and in the plaza they had a big screen and everyone was watching, including the workers and owners of the stores..so we would go into a store and it´d be empty! Everyone thought we were crazy for not watching, even though we wanted to reallyyyyy bad. And when Mexico scored, wow! You could´ve Heard the people yelling and screaming 20 miles a way! Everyone freaks out. Love itttt.

This morning, I was reflecting back on this past week, and for a Split second I was thinking that it was kind of boring, but really, that´s not true. I´m a missionary, my life is never boring! Everyday there´s new experiences, new people, new challenges, miracles, the whole bit.
Even though I don´t have much to say this week, what´s more important is that I´m learning more than I ever thought was posible in such a short period of time. I´ve never felt so excited about reading the Book of Mormon, and about learning more about the Gospel..not just for myself, but so that I can share what I learn everyday with others.

Last week, 16 new sisters arrived in the misión! 8 of them were Americans, and so they stayed in our house for their first night! We got em all set up in their hammocks and it was so much fun. It made me think about how much I have learned in six short weeks, because they couldn´t speak Spanish to save their lives or understand a single word my companion said...and I don´t say that to be rude, but simply it helped me see the Lord´s hand in my life and in my misión specifically..because without his help, I would never have learned Spanish at this pace, I´m not fluent by any means, but I´ve seen progress.. I feel the Lord´s hand every single day guiding me and supporting me, and how grateful I am for that

I love you all and will talk to you in a walk!
Que se cuiden BUEEEEENO!

Hermana Maki.

No comments:

Post a Comment