Wednesday, July 23, 2014

And the tan lines begin...

"Through the years I have watched countless missionaries come and go, and I have seen extraordinary things happen in their lives and in the lives of their families as a result. The work they are called to do is hard and sometimes discouraging. But because they have the assurance that they are on God´s errand, they are able to valiantly serve Him. I often suggest to those who want to know if the Church is true that they spend a few hours working with our missionaries. It doesn´t take long to learn that no one can do all of the things a missionary does every day without knowing beyond any question that what they are doing is right and true. The Lord does bless His missionaries just as surely as they bless the lives of those they teach and baptize. Difficult languages are learned with astonishing speed and skill. Financially strapped families back home find unforseen means to support their missionaries. Weaknesses become strengths, challenges become opportunities, trials become triumphs, and adversity becomes an adventure in the service of the Lord- another fruit of gospel living." -M. Russell Ballard.

woo! I couuld leave it at that and be done..He explains it perfectly.I add my testimony to that of Elder Ballard. I know this is the work of the Lord, that he stands shoulder to shoulder with his full-time missionaries and members are we hasten this work.

This week we had the privelege to teach an atheist! Talk about fun.....it was really hard actually...he made fun of us a lot, and well..it was tough..it´s hard when you put your whole soul into something and testify with power and the person listening doesn´t care, or doesn´t feel anything...after teaching about the Atonement and sharing some very powerful scriptures, with a smile on his face he said, "He didn´t do anything for us. He didn´t do anything for me!" AHHHH! I chose not to be too frustrated though, because I realize that everybody has free agency, that they can choose to accept or reject our message. What made my heart hurt after this lesson though, is that this investigador (Isaac) is so sad. He thinks he´s happy, but it´s so apparent that he´s not. He was married and had a daughter, and for some reason they left. He misses them. Although he has his alcohol and a good job and he thinks everything is fine and dandy, we saw the sadness in his eyes as he talked about how much he misses his daughter. He longs to have his family back. He lacks something in life, and although he wasn´t very receptive to our message, we have another appointment this week, and for that I´m grateful. So many people in this world are sad, are confused..They need what we have. The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings hope, direction, peace, and comfort into our lives, without such, I don´t even know what I would do. 

That lesson was probably the highlight of my week! haha..The sun was probably the worst this week then the 2 and a half months I´ve been here. The tan lines on my feet are wicked, I´ll send a picture :) hope that´s not too weird..
Also, the second picture is of our zone :)

well. I think that´s all for this week! I love you all!!

Hermana Maki 

Also, If anyone wants to send letters, here´s the address. The old one works just fine too, no worries...but they moved the offices so here´s the new one :)

Hermana Melody Maki
Mexico Merida Mission
Calle 70  #521A X 65 y 67 
Col. centro
97000 Merida
Mexico 



No comments:

Post a Comment