Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy in my yellow hammock

HELLOOOOO from Mexico..I feel happy as ever and am enjoying the work! It seems like every week, when I begin to feel a little tired or worn out, P-day is right around the corner and I have just a little bit of time to rejuvenate and get ready for the next week! We had a 5 hour meeting this morning with practices as well, where we were given certain scenarios and then had 15 minutes to teach a lesson..in the beginning of my mission and in the MTC I really HATED practices (role play) but I´m starting to really see the benefits. I also realize that it´s all about my attitude..that if I go into it believing that I can learn something new and benefit from the practices, that´s exactly what happens! I love teaching with other missionaries too because I always learn from their example and how they teach and then take home new ideas of things I can apply in my teachings. I felt like I learned so much just this morning, and it was my attitude that made the difference.

Something great happened this week...I didn´t mention this earlier, but I haven´t been able to sleep in my hammock...at all. It sounds fun, but really it´s not..however, there´s nothing I can do to change that! I will be sleeping in a hammock for the next 15 months and that´s that..however, I asked some advice from my district leader and he, like all of the other elders, bought his own hammock shortly after arriving, because the ones we receive from the mission office are good, but they aren´t very big or comfortable...so he went and bought his own that´s about twice as big....He suggested that I do that as well..but they´re expensive and ain´t nobody got time for that..
Well, what do ya know?? My companion had an extra hammock that a sister in her last area gave her that she doesn´t use.. Mine is a size 7, this one is like 11 or 12, significantly larger, and I can sleep!! Not perfectly, not the same as in my bed, but it´s made a huge difference. She is so amazing that she said I could HAVE it...
It´s the little things. This was small, but I´m grateful to my companion for her kindness and I´m grateful I have somewhere to sleep every night!

This week was super great, we had 4 investigadors in the chapel yesterday and have a few baptisms planned for the upcoming weeks.. My spanish is improving a little every day, and as I trust in the Lord and seek for his help and guidance in this work, I feel his love and his hand every single day. He knows what I need, but he wants me to ask. The same for each of you! He knows your needs! He´s waiting to reach down and help, when we reach up and ask. I love this Gospel so very much and know it´s true without any doubt in my heart. 

I love you all and keep you in my prayers always. Have a wonderful week :)

Hermana Maki. 

P.S. Picture- Me in my new yellow hammock, happy as can be


No comments:

Post a Comment