Monday, August 18, 2014

Parque de las Americas!!

Hello to everyone! 

Last night I was reading the Liahona with the conference talks from October 2013, and felt prompted as I was flipping through the pages to read the talk from President Monson in the General Relief Society Meeting..Wow..I needed that..Here´s what I LOVED:

"We were not placed on this earth to walk alone. What an amazing source of power, of strength, and of comfort is available to each of us. He who kjnows us better than we know ourselves, He who sees the larger picture and who knows the end from the beginning, has assured us that He will be there for us to provide help if we but ask. We have the promise: ´pray always, and be believing, and all things will work together for your good.´" 

This was so perfect for me this week, because on Saturday I had an interview with my mission president..he was asking me what I did to learn Spanish so quickly. And although I disagreed and told him that I have soooo much more to learn, I told him that all I´ve done is 1) pray. lots of prayer. and 2) speak the language. Just speak spanish, it´s simple! 

But his question really got me thinking...as I reflected back on these first two transfers, I thought about my progression with Spanish. It has improved, but simply because I put it in the Lord´s hands. I prayed for patience, for the gift of tongues, for courage to open my mouth and talk even when my grammar isn´t always perfect. And the help and guidance I have received from my Heavenly Father has been more than I could ever imagine. There´s no way I would´ve been able to learn this much in such a short period of time without divine help. 

But I also loved another part of President Monson´s talk..he said "You will one day stand aside and look at your difficult times, and you will realize that he was always there beside you." The mission is difficult, but He´s standing right beside me, helping me every step of the way! 

This week was a little different, we weren´t able to work as much because my companion is sick. We were in the Doctor´s office two days and the hospital another day...She´s getting better though!  She could use some prayers :) por favor..
Nonetheless, It was a good week and went by soooo fast. Transfers are next Monday, excited to see what happens! 
I am going to attach some pictures we took last P-day at Parque de las Americas. a famous park in Merida...sooooo muchhh funnn!!!

I love each of you, and I love this Gospel! The church is true :)

Hermana Melody Maki

P.S. hopefully I´ll have a cool story to share next week..sometimes It´s so hard to think of something fun to write about, sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment