Monday, August 18, 2014

Cambio #3

And my 3rd transfer in México beginssssssss!

Today, something sad happened. My trainer, Hermana Tozcano had to say goodbye to me (her first daughter in the mission)..it was kind of hard because she taught me everything. How to plan, how to teach, how to speak spanish, how to wash my clothes, kind of like my actual mom, but for the mission :) She is very special to me and I´m so grateful for the two transfers we were able to serve together. This morning, I met my new companion, Hermana Janco. She´s from Bolivia and is super nice. We´re excited to serve together in Garcia Gineres. I´m glad I have another transfer in this area because I know the members and investigadors really well and finally feel comfortable with the area. 

Something that Hermana Janco told me this morning really hit me, and I wanted to share. She said that there was a time during her last transfer that she was having problems with her companion, and President Garcia told her that every companion we serve with will challenges our faults that our future spouses will have. If we fight with our companion about something or argue about something, most likely it´s something that will arise as an arugement or problem within us and our future spouse..Makes sense...yet another reason why the mission helps prepare you for marriage. There´s always something we can learn from the people we serve with, that´s for sure! I learned patience from my first companion, and I don´t mean that in a rude way at all. Sincerely, she helped me learn to have more patience and to just slow down instead of always being in a hurry. To take a step back, take a deep breath, evaluate, and then keep going. But yes also, in the mornings when she took well over an hour to get ready, I learned patience :) haha



This week was a good one, for sure..We found three new investigadors that are all great, and we're helping three others prepare for baptisms soon, however they keep pushing the date and pushing the date for different reasons..but we're confident we'll have a few pretty within the next few weeks :) I have faith!! 

I´m doing well and really enjoying my time here. I pray for you all back home everynight and love hearing from you! Have a great week :)

Con amor,

Hermana Melody Maki 





Foto- more from Parque de las Americas


No comments:

Post a Comment