Monday, August 18, 2014

And the work continues to press forward in Garcia Gineres!

Woo! The weeks are going by fast, and I'm lovingggg ittt...

In case you people don't know yet, missionary work is the best. It's not the easiest, but there really isn't anything better than to put your cares and worries aside and lose yourself in the service of the Lord. To help other people understand the healing and enabling power of the Atonement and then apply to it to their lives? wow. What's better than that? I had a great first week with Hermana Janco. It's fun to see what things she does different, how she teaches, and then kind of mesh our ideas together and have a companionship that is in harmony with the Holy Ghost. I'm learning just how important that is.

A struggle that we've had in our area is getting the members to come to lessons with us..instead of complaining about how we don't have many lessons with members present, we decided..you know what? We're gonna do something about it. We've gotta change this. There's no excuse to only have 5 lessons with a member present during the week. We can do better than that! Yesterday, we passed around a calendar in Relief Society. It had every day of the week, and a little box for every hour, from 11 in the morning to 8 at night, and asked every sister to write their name in at least one time frame this week when they can come teach with us. I will not lie, sometimes I lack faith, and wasn't sure how full it would be when they finished, but almost peed my pants when Sister Rubi handed it to me, FULL!! And although we don't have a lesson every hour, every day of this week, they can help us contact new investigadores in the street or give us referalls and help us find them! 

"Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to   labor in the Lord’svineyard tbring souls unto Him. He has prepared the means for us to  share the gospel in multitude of ways, and He will assist us in our labors if we will act in faith to fulfill His work." President Thomas S. Monson

For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.  Alma 13:24 

I have seen time and time again just in my short time in the mission that the Lord is preparing his children all over the world to receive the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel priveleged and blessed to be a part of His work as full-time missionary. I'm happy, healthy, learning and growing in this gospel. Know that I love each one of you to pieces. I pray for you always and give thanks for the love that I feel from everyone back home, every single week. You all mean the most to me! 

Con MUCHO amor de Mexico,

Hermana Melody Maki :))

No comments:

Post a Comment