Monday, September 15, 2014

A Cute little poem to switch things up :)

I was just swinging in my hammock last night thinking about how crazy the emotions are that one feels during the mission. It´s seriously nuts!! I was reminded of a poem that the wonderful Sister Katie Toolan posted on her mission blog a few months ago and it explains my thoughts exactly. I´m glad I copied it down and brought it with me :))

A mission is a strange experience
It is a trial and a test.
A mission throws at you the worst
yet, teaches you the best.
I´ve never been so happy, 
I´ve never been so depressed.
I´ve never felt so forsaken,
I´ve never felt so blessed.
I´ve never been so confused,
Things have never been so clear.
I´ve never felt my Heavenly Father so distant,
He´s never been so near.
I´ve never been so discouraged,
I´ve never been so full of hope.
I feel I could go on forever,
I think I´ve come to the end of my rope.
I´ve never had it quite so easy,
I´ve never had it quite so tough.
Things have never been so smooth,
Things have never been so rough.
I´ve never traveled through more valleys,
I´ve never ascended more peaks.
I´ve never met so many nice people.
I´ve never met so many freaks!
I´ve never had so many ups,
I´ve never had so many downs.
I´ve never worn so many smiles,
I´ve never had so many frowns.
I´ve never been so lonely,
I´ve never had so many friends.
BOY, I hope this is over soon,
GOSH, I hope this never ends! 


Anyone who has served knows that this about summarizes it. The good always outweighs the bad though. The hard times or negative thoughts only last a couple seconds when we´re in tune with the Spirit and striving to do the will of the Lord. 
I love the mission!  Many exciting things happening this next week, will include details next Monday :))


Hermana Melody Maki 

P.S. The second picture, the one with the water jug..was such a nightmare! We walked like 9 blocks to fill up our water jug and didn´t have enough to carry it all the way home so we rolled it, kicking it with our feet, taking turns for a good 30 minutes!



No comments:

Post a Comment