Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Full on Fruitttt

Hello from Mérida! Something hilarious happened last week! Since we moved houses, we now live closer to the Bishop, who owns a fruit store like 30 minutes away. We very nonchalantly asked him where is the best place to buy fruit near our house, since we´re new in that part of town and don´t know where to buy our groceries. "Don´t worry sisters, we´ll bring you some fruit tomorrow from the store. Don´t go buy any!" Yes, our plan worked! He takes care of us. So he showed up the next morning with a box of fruit so big, we couldn´t even pick it up! a watermelon, 3 canteloupes, 3 dragonfruit (my favorite) 3 bunches of bananas, apples, pears, cucumbers, a pineapple, and grapes. Seriously? And then yesterday before church he dropped off like a 50 lb. bag of oranges so that we can make fresh orange juice. It´s those things that just make my day and make me grateful for the members who go out of their way to help us. It was a small blessing I saw this week :)

and a big blessing that I saw this week?! The baptism of Juliana! It was so beautiful, and she cried as she walked into the baptism font, because it has been a long time coming. She knew and understood the importance of this covenant, and was so overcome with joy to enter the waters of baptism. I felt so strongly the love that our Heavenly Father has for her and felt very priveleged to be part of her big day!

Also, I wanted to share a quote that another missionary shared with me this week. I immediately fell in love,
"You and I can put Christ at the center of our lives and become one with Him as He is one with the Father (see John17:20–23).We can begin by stripping everything out of our lives and then putting it back together in priority order with the Savior at the center." -Elder Christofferson

This isn´t something easy to do, that´s for sure. But it really made me think. It made me think about everything I think, say and do. If all of my thoughts, words, and actions are Christ-centered. And for those that aren´t, what I can do to strip them out of my life and do everything I do centered in Christ. I know it´s possible to do this, althought tough, it´s possibly and necessary to do so. It is something I am going to stive to do better. Strip negativity out of my life, fear, judgement, etc. and replace all of this with positive thinking, with more faith, with more love, with more hope, etc. I know that as I do this and you all as well, we will develop a more Christ-centered life, focused on Him more and all He has done for us. 

that´s all for today, after a long week, I think I´m in need of a little nap today :)

Until next week! 

Hermana Melody Maki



No comments:

Post a Comment