Friday, September 5, 2014

Guess whattttt? This week, on Tuesday, 5 of the lessons we taught were with members present! Little by little, our ward is getting excited to teach with us and come to lessons with us, and it is helping sooooo muchhhhh.

I´m starting to think more and more everyday that I am a Yucateca. I wake up three or four times everynight because with our air conditioner, I get so cold! This morning I woke up with socks, a sweatshirt, and two blankets. My companion sets it super low, and then I wake up like an ice cube and turn it off, and then she wakes up and turns it on again, and it´s a constant battle every single night. All I can do is just laugh :) anddd be grateful that we have air conditioning..

This week we are preparing a baptism for Hermana Juliana. She is the mom of a recent convert, and she is so wonderful! She is probably one of the most humble people I have ever met. She has hardly anything and doesn´t make much money at all, but already pays her tithing and is so excited to be baptized. Last night after our lesson, she made us empanadas :) Although she doesn´t have much, she´s always willing to share with anyone just about all she has. Such a great lesson to me and a great example. 

Other than that, not much news. It has started to rain just about everyday, and it makes the work hard because nobody leaves their houses, but we have had lots of lessons nonetheless and the work moves forward. I´ll attach the picture of my companionon Friday walking through the street in the rain, it was almost up to our knees.

Another perk of our new house is that we live near our Bishop, and we save money on Sundays. Instead of taking the bus to church, we ride in the back of his pickup! (Nacho Libre voice) It´s the besssssst. He takes care of us and is helping us get the ward excited about missionary work and find referalls for us! woohoo. 

That´s all. I´m happy and grateful to be a missionary. I´m grateful for the Gospel and to have it in my life, without it, who knows where I would be. Certainly not in Mexico! 

Much love!!

Hermana Melody Maki 

No comments:

Post a Comment