Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Yucatan winter on it´s way!!



And with the blink of an eye, yet another week passes! Hermana Thomas and I are starting our last week of this transfer, I can´t believe it´s already semana 6! (week 6) 
We had a great week. There´s a recent convert in our ward, Jesus Orlando...who is just on fire! He is so excited about the Gospel and having just received the priesthood a couple months ago. Two of his best friends have gotten baptized, and this week he gave us the referall of another friend who has shown interest in the church, Hernan. He´s already gone to church twice, and we were bummed that we wouldn´t be able to teach him because he lives outside of our area...but The Lord sure works in mysterious ways, because he now is going to be living in Jesus´s house which means we get to teach him! Them and the two other converts are opening a business together. They call themselves the 4 mormons, and they are quite a show, lemme tell ya. Well, Hernan is almosttttt Mormon. We taught him yesterday for the first time and he is way excited to get baptized in November. He understood the Restoration very well and was very receptive. He said that he felt the Spirit very strong during the lesson, and I was glad to hear him say that, because I did too! Especially as I recited the words to him from the First Vision..When I do so, I feel my testimony being strengthened as I have to hold back tears almost everytime. The more I share this gospel and my testimony of it, the more it´s grown. It´s perfect, true, and one of the greatest blessings the Lord has given me.

Something that we´ve done this week is visit more of the active members in the ward. I´ve enjoyed doing so, because we´re getting to know all of them better! When you have a better relationship with the members, they´re more willing to help you with missionary work! When they trust us, they´ll be willing to give us referalls of their friends and family. I especially love giving service to the members as well. There is one sister in our ward with polio, who has been in a wheelchair her whole life. As we sat with her in her little store and shared the message of the Restoration with her, I was amazed at all that she has accomplished over the course of her life. She hasn´t had it easy, but says that having the gospel has made it all possible. I was grateful that she was honest with us when we asked what we could do to help her. A lot of members respond, "nothing sisters, no worries! We´re fine!" But she told us we could pass by occasionally at nighttime if a lesson falls through and help her fill the refrigerators with all the beverages that she sells. This week we weren´t able to because we had a ton of lessons, but I´m hoping that soon we´ll be able to stop by and give her a hand. Service is my favorite!! 

It´s cooled off a little bit here (I never thought the day would come!) because apparently the hurricanes are on the way...I´ve enjoyed not being totally covered in sweat all day...we´ll see just how long it lasts! :)

Well, that´s my news for the week! So good to hear from each of you back home and all that´s going on! I miss you all and love you so much.

Hermana Maki 

Fotos:
1. P-day foto before we left the house this morning for the stake center
2. Mototaxi..We LOVE mototaxis. They´re cheap, (not all that safe) and very fun when you don´t feel like walking! 





No comments:

Post a Comment