Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It´s a good day in Merida when you can wear your hair down!



Like I said last week, it continues to cool down just little by little. This week I wore my hair down twice, (all day) and didn´t die. It´s a new record! It´s still hot, but much more bearable.

Last Monday night we went to visit a member family and taught them the Restoration...as we were asking for referalls, Hermana Primavera´s face just got really sad and everyone got quiet...."Our neighbor, Emire," she said, "really needs help. Let´s go over right now and I´ll introduce you to her." So we went! We were already late for our next lesson, but we went, and I´m glad we did. Emire has a lot of problems, and because of that, is being humbled by the Lord. She´s willing and ready to start changing her life, and we´re ready and praying hard each day that we can help her do so. We had three lessons with her this week that all went well, she´s excited to get baptized at the end of November, and I feel the Spirit stronger than EVER in the lessons with her. 

Also, this week one of my favorite people in the whole wide world got baptized! Esthela, my little grandma I found in the mission :) She´s such a wonderful example to me and in one short month I saw a huge change in her as she came to know for herself that Joseph Smith truly was a prophet of God and restored the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the one and only true church upon the earth. It´s amazing what this Gospel can do, that´s all I can say!! 

Monica and Norton (our eternal investigators) are hopefully finishing up the paperwork for Norton´s divorce so that they can get married in November. They´re the best little family..anyway, last Monday, we taught them how to have Family Home Evening! It was way fun and they´re excited to do it each week as a family. We had a mini testimony meeting where everyone was able to share their testimonies, and I absolutely loved it! Last night, we helped them get going on their family history and put information into family search. They are loving family history and going to town, and haven´t even gotten baptized yet! When we finished, we told them that it was possible we´d have transfers today, but that last night as soon as we got home we would get a phone call letting us now. Norton said the closing prayer and ask that neither of us gets transferred just yet so that we can be present in their baptism. Then...this morning Monica called us, "Hermana Maki!! You´re not leaving, right? We said a family prayer first thing this morning that you would be able to stay in Garcia Gineres longer! You can´t go yet." I assured her that the Lord has more work for me to do here with Hermana Thomas and that I´m excited for another 6 weeks in this wonderful area :) and my 5th transfer beginsssssss!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Melody Maki

foto 1- Esthela´s baptism
foto 2- teaching Hermana Bravo how to make chocolate chip cookies!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment