Friday, December 12, 2014

La Humildad

Humility- a Christlike attribute we all MUST learn to develop. The Lord is helping me be more humble each day in the mission.
This week....was so hard. I counted 14 lessons that fell through, and we walked so long and so far every day that my knees are sore still. (and that´s not a joke.) 
Everything that could´ve gone wrong this week, went wrong. Every contact that we had in the street didn´t want anything to do with us.. but I specifically remember Wednesday, just feeling a little frustrated, I looked down at my companion (because I´m 12 inches taller than her) and said, " We will keep moving forward with a smiles on our faces and learn what it is the Lord wants us to learn from this week." I don´t think it was any coincidence that Tuesday morning during personal study I felt very impressed to study in chapter 6 of Preach my Gospel about Humility. I read, " Humility is willingness to submit to the will of the Lord and give the Lord the honor for what is accomplished. It included gratitude for His blessings and acknowledgement of your constant need for His divine help. Humility is not a sign of weakness; it is a sign of spiritual strenth." 
WOW! Maybe the Lord just wants me to be humble, and to remember that in these times I really have to rely on Him, because I can´t do it on my own. I´m grateful to have studied that this week, because I reflected back on it each day as lesson after lesson fell through, and I could then make the decision that I was just going to keep praying, keep working with a smile, and keep trusting in the faith that I have that Heavenly Father will see the hard work we´re doing, and in His time, will bless us and help us to see the fruits of our labors. And in a matter of days.....He did.

Yesterday, somehow......6 investigators came to church. In 7 months on the mission, that´s the most I´ve ever had come...I realized that it wasn´t anything that we did. It was the hand of the Lord. In D&C 112:10 it says "Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand and give thee answer to thy prayers." I know that the Lord hears and answers our prayers, he really does! Always in His time, that´s the part we have to remember. But if we continue in faith, never doubting, he won´t let us fail. I hope we can all strive every day to be more humble and trust in the Lord, and I have a testimony that if we do, we will be able to recognize His hand in our live every single day, whether it be something really big, or something really small. 

Until next week,

Hermana Maki :)

Foto -- "Pibes" Tradicional Yucateca dish for Day of the Dead (1 november) Similar to Tamales..we ate pibes for 3 DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment