Friday, December 12, 2014

Happy Turkey Day!

Even though they don´t celebrate Thanksgiving in Mexico, I can still choose to be grateful for the many blessings the Lord has given me, and I feel like sharing!

1. I am grateful for a family who loves me and supports me in all I do.
2. I´m grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ which makes me happy and brings direction and happiness to my life.
3. I´m grateful for the opportunity and blessing it is to be a full-time missionary for 18 months.
4. I´m grateful for trials and road bumps along the way that push to learn and grow
5. I´m grateful for Mexico, for the people I´m meeting, teaching, and interacting with.
6. I´m grateful for little things that help make our lives more comfortable: clean running water, beds, washing machines, carpet floors, etc. (Things I had before that I took for granted!)
7. I´m grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ which allows me to repent and be a better, stronger person each day, and understand that I don´t have to pass any trail alone, that someday bigger and better already suffered for me.
8. I´m grateful for the power of prayer. Grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers those prayers, always.
9. I´m grateful for brothers and sisters, with whom I could spend my childhood years laughing and making memories along the way that are always dear to my heart.
10. I´m grateful to be here on this earth, to have agency, and to understand the Plan of Salvation, to know what happens afer this life and to know what things I must do while here so that I can return to live with my Heavenly Father.

This week, we were teaching some investigators the plan of salvation, and they had some DEEP questions that really made me think..I loved that lesson, because I left even more grateful for the plan our Heavenly Father has given us. I know where I came from, why it is that I´´m here on the earth, and where I´m going. Heavenly Father has so much in store for us, and if we rise up to that potential and use the strength the Atonement offers us, we can become like Him someday. I hope that this week, each one of you will take a minute to reflect on all of the many things you have to be grateful for, and whether or not you are accustomed to pray, will do so and give thanks to our Heavenly Father, because all that we have truly does come from him. 
But...not justtt this week we should be grateful ;) I love what Alma 34:38 says "..live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you."

I love each of you and pray that everyone has a happy, safe Thanksgiving! 
Adios!

Hermana Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment