Friday, December 12, 2014

End it with a kiss and then dunk em!

Monica and Northon (who I have had the privelege to teach since I got to this area almost 7 months ago) FINALLY got married! and even better? We got to go to the wedding? It wasn´t anything big, we just went to the courthouse and they had the cute little ceremony, but it was so great, and they are so happy. and then...on Saturday, they got baptized! Along with our other investigadors, Hernana and Emire, some of my favorite people ever. It was a lot of exhausting work this week getting everything ready, but Saturday rolled around, the members all pitched in and helped so much, and it was such a wonderful baptism. As uaual, I love baptisms because there is a different spirit there. I watch people, who just months ago were so very different, truly humble themselves before the Lord, repent of their sins, and follow the example of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. He showed us the way. To know that the Lord made me a small instrument in his hand to bring this about makes me grateful, happy, and humbled to be his servant for such a short period of time here in the wonderful country of Mexico! I didn´t do anything really, but I try to teach with the Spirit so that it brings the message to the hearts of the people, and that´s when their conversion truly begins. When they act upon the message the missionaries share, when they keep their commitments, and when they really want to be born again and enter into the straight and narrow path that leads back to our Heavenly Father. Monica and Northon are already talking about the temple, they´re going to do baptisms in about three weeks and we´re going to start a countdown to next November when they will be able to go through the temple and later be sealed as a family. What a beautiful day that will be! Oh, I just love this gospel, and I love missionary work more and more each day. It´s not easy, but it´s the work of the Lord and he´s always working side by side with us, softening the hearts of the people who surround us, so that they can accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ and enjoy the blessings that come from it for the rest of their lives!

Emire (one of the recent converts) shared with us that on Friday night she had awful dreams while she was sleeping, and woke up frazzled and not all that happy..but that all day Saturday she was excited for her baptism..and then said that Saturday night she slept like a rock, didn´t even dream! She could recognize that something as small as that was a blesing that came from her baptism and the Spirit that she felt, the knowledge that she is completely clean and has received forgiveness for all of her past trangressions. 

I mean, what more can I say? Now, we just keep moving forward. We gotta keep finding new investigators and keeping moving the work forward, while at the same time help these recent converts tor remain strong and faithful in the Gospel. Lots and lots to do, just how I like it :) Staying busy and focused helps me just lose myself in the work, not worry too much about my self or what all I´m missing back home, but just accept that I´m here for right now, the Lord has a work for me to do, and that if I serve with all my heart, he will bless me and my family forever. (sorry for the long run-on sentences) English has now officially become a weakness of mine for the time being :( 

Anyway. I love and appreciate all of you! Don´t ever forget it :) Your prayers make me stronger and give me the strength and motivation to keep working hard each day. Que Dios les bendiga :) 

Con amor,

Hermana Melody Maki



No comments:

Post a Comment