Friday, December 12, 2014

Waking up tomorrow to the smell of the ocean!

WOOHOO! After 7.5 months in my first area, I finally had transfers! I spent all day today travelling in a big coach bus. I am now way far from Mèrida, in a whole different state actually. I`m in Campeche on the beach, where every missionary and their dog want to serve. I love it here and am excited to be a sister training leader with Hermana Martinez, a latina from Mexico City. She is absolutely wonderful and I know I will learn a whole lot! I feel priveleged to be here serving the Lord and the wonderful people in Campeche..they, along with this state, are wayyyyy different from Merida. I`m excited to be out of the city :)
I`ll send some pictures next week!
Don`t have much to talk about from this week, it sure went by fast and was sooooo hard to say goodbye to the ward in Garcia Gineres and the recent converts, but I was able to hold back the tears and gratefully accept that the Lord is preparing hearts and people for me to meet and teach here and that it was time to move on! Part of my heart will ALWAYS be there. I attached a picture of my last visit to parque de la Americas near our house, and a family home evening that we had on Monday with the Relief Society president and her family. They invited the four investigators who got baptized the weekend before and taught them about family home evening, why we do it, and ideas of activities that they could do. It was great, and always makes me so happy when members are so eager to join in on missionary work!
As we get closer to Christmas (even though I feel like it`s July thanks to the weather) I`m reminded more and more each day of the countless blessings I, and my family, have received because of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Because of Him, I`m here on this earth. Because of Him, I can be forgiven of my sins. Because of Him, someday I`ll be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father. 
For me, this Christmas WILL be different. Instead of Christmas shopping or watching Christmas movies (not that these things are bad) I`m trying to lose myself in the service of the Lord, and think of Jesus Christ and how I can discover, embrace, and share this gift that our loving Heavenly Father has given us. 

Hermana Maki


Please take 3 minutes, each of you, to watch this wonderful video and then share it with everyone! :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment