Sunday, January 25, 2015

And another wonderful 6 weeks begin!

"If I think of my own performance, my sadness deepens. But when I remember that the Lord promised that His power would go with me, I begin to look for evidence of what He has done in the lives of the people I am to serve. I pray to see with spiritual eyes the effects of His power." Elder Henry B. Eyring.

While studying a wonderful conference talk this week, I was touched by this quote, and felt it was written for me! Sometimes, Satan wants us to feel like we don´t do anything, or as if we´re not enough, and not just as missionaries, but as children of God. He wants to weaken us, but my testimony of the Savior´s love for each and every one of His children has grown significantly. We didn´t have the week that I had in mind, and weren´t able to work as much as I had hoped, but I hold tight to the knowledge I have that the power of the Lord is with me. As I strive to see the effects of this power, I realize that the will of the Lord is different at times than mine, and I have to be able to understand His will and then do it, with a happy and cheerful heart. I´m learning each new day how to trust in the Lord more, how to be grateful for every good and bad thing that comes my way, and reflect on what it is he wants me to learn from each experience I have! Oh how I love the mission....

Yesterday was stake conference in la estaca Centro. (We´re back in Merida now, Hermana Martinez and I) We started a new transfer today and are opening a new area. And we were a little worried when the meeting ended as to what we were going to do for food....We don´t get to our area until tomorrow, and weren´t going to buy food on Sunday, and there were nobody in the mission offices...so we decided that we would walk back to the house we´re staying in near the stake center, call the mission president´s wife, and figure out what we were gonna do so that we could eat! (we didn´t eat breakfast either)..as we were walking, my companion told me, "We´re not going to worry, Sister Maki, the Lord always provides a way." I replied, "Tengo fe." (I have faith.) and we went on our way. Literally two minutes later, we ran into Monica and Northon, recent converts from my old area who I LOVE with all my heart, and they asked us what plans we had for lunch..We let out a small chuckle, smiled, looked at each other, and said...That´s what we´re trying to figure out right now, actually!
"We would love to have you over for lunch at two if you can make it," they replied. 
We agreed, walked back home, and gave a prayer of gratitude to the Lord, who truly does watch out and provide for His children, and particularly His missionaries. When I look for the small miracles each day, I realize that they are not few. I love the Lord and love being His missionary!
Les amo! 

Hermana Maki 
foto- I had the privelege of trying a coconut for the first time last night! It had a very....interesting...flavor. Don´t mind the scarf and sweater, it was a "chilly" night here in Merida :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment