Friday, April 17, 2015

Slacking off.

Ok, to begin. I am so sorry to everyone for slacking off on my blog these past couple weeks, and pictures. It has been nuts! However, things are finally calming down, and many prayers have been answered..my back is FINALLY healing up! Thank you to EVERYONE who has been fasting and praying for me, I know Heavenly Father is answering our prayers!

To catch up on a couple of wonderful things that have happened these past couple weeks:

1. We´re teaching a sister named Wendy and her three kids. Her husband is less active, and last week they went to church! I remember in the MTC when Elder Holland came, he was talking about how we as missionaries, hope that our investigators keep their commitments, but sometimes we don´t necessarily help them do it.."Don´t wake up on Sunday morning and say...I hope our investigators go to church today!" "Get up early, go to their house, help them get ready if you have too, and then take the bus to the church together" That is how we HELP people make and keep commitments. That has always stayed with me, and we definitely put it in practice on Sunday. We got up early, went by Wendy´s house, helped me them clean up the kitchen from breakfast, (I was sad that they didn´t leave me any cochinita, but oh well) and then helped the two daughters pick out dresses, then braided their hair, got their hymn book and book of Mormon, and set off on our walk to church (about 15 minutes away). It was wonderful, and they had a great experience there. As a church, we are great at inviting people, but are we great about HELPING as well? Question to think about....

2. (probably the most exciting thing that happened all week) I got a new pink bucket. We each have a 3 gallon bucket that we fill up with water in the morning, and then we heat it up with a "resistencia" is what it´s called in Spanish, no idea how to say it in English. and then with an empty yoghurt container and our bucket of hot water, it´s shower time! It´s the best, and having a new pretty pink bucket is even better. It´s the small things that make me happy these days :))

3. We´re also teaching a single dad named Carlos Miguel and his nephew, Omar. Omar reminds me of Luke. He´s 10 years old, always has basketball shorts on, and is very smart, just like my adorable little brother! I enjoy teaching them, and we´re trying to help Carlos to quit drinking so that he can get baptized. We´ll see what happens! 

To sum things up, I really am doing great. I´m happy, getting more healthy, and working each day! I love this work, and I love each one of you! 

Seguiré con fe en cada paso,

Hermana Maki 

Fotos: 
1) foto with Anahi on Sunday morning getting ready for church
2)A picture of a resistencia that melted last night while I was heating up water....it almost electrocuted me..but my pink bucket is okay, so I´m happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment