Friday, April 17, 2015

Conozca los mormones

Hello to everyone! The heat is finally back in Merida, it looks like it´s going to break 100 this week, and we´re only in February.....

This week, we had a zone conference with President Garcia which was great. When it was over, the assistants stood up, President and his wife came down from the stand and sat with the missionaries, and they yelled "Surprise! Meet the Mormons" and then the lights went out and we enjoyed the great film. It´s coming to Mexico this Friday, and the members are quite jealous that we got to see it first :) It was great, I and I hope that lots of non-members see it and see just how cool and normal we, Mormons really are. 

Luis went to church yesterday, and he LOVED it! The talks in sacrament meeting were so wonderful and touched his heart. Before the service started, we were in the foyer introducing him to the members, and when he was talking to our ward mission leaders, he almost made me cry. Our ward mission leader is a convert of about 8 months, and is super amazing..he was able to connect with Luis very quickly for that reason exactly..but anyway, Hermano Freddy asked Luis how he met us, and Luis started to tell him all excited..."Well..one fine Saturday afternoon, the sisters were walking down the street and looked lost, and because of the way I was dressed, I didn´t want to help them.. I felt embarassed..but then, they asked me for directions, and we started talking. I had been feeling really bad that day and just needed a friend, someone to talk to, someone to give me a smile, someone who really cared about me. It was as if God sent two angels from heaven to me. Angels who are helping me more than I thought was possible. I´ve always had the desire to come closer to God and have a better relation with Him, but I never knew how. I´ve never felt so much hope, and never felt so happy, thanks to these sisters."
I was humbled, I didn´t know what to say. All I could do is thank my Heavenly Father for the opportunity to be here in the mission, finding His children who are ready and prepared to receive His Gospel. Because even though they don´t know it, they are changing me. They inspire me, they help me want to be a better person. A better daughter. A better sister. A better missionary. A better disciple of Jesus Christ. 

Alma 13: 24 came to mind..... "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and thiis for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory."
I´ve said it once, and I´ll say it again...I KNOW that the Lord is preparing His children in ALL parts of the world to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The find the hope and happiness that everyone desires and looks for in this life. I love this Gospel so much more everyday, and I love sharing it with everyone. 

I´m a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I LOVE it!

Fe en cada paso,

Hermana Melody Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment