Friday, April 17, 2015

I´m jus a white girl.

The mission is a time of firsts. I gave away my first Book of Mormon, had my first Christmas without a tree and presents, and last weekend I had my first Easter without easter eggs! (They don´t do that in Mexico, who would´ve thought?) But just like Christmas, it was the best Easter I´ve ever had. To be priveleged to listen to President Monson´s voice and two wonderful sessions of general conference, that was more than I could´ve asked for! I was grateful for many talks defending the church´s stands on the importance of families. Every religion knows and supports the family, but the difference is that we believe in eternal families. Families can be together forever! I am also grateful for the many testimonies which were borne about our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I have a testimony that He lived and died for us, because He loves us, and that he was resurrected and lives again. He set the perfect example and has invited us to "follow him" and HIS gospel teaches us how! How grateful I am for these eternal truths that are shaping my life. 

http://www.mormon.org/easter ...............For those who haven´t seen the video, I invite you to do so :) and then share it with all who could benefit from a message about Jesus Christ. 


My mexican companion, who has the cutest latino accent ever, made me laugh hysterically today. While walking down the street, many people here are suprised to see an American..not just with me but with all of the missionaries. sometimes it bugs my companion when men say innapropriate things or whistle (I always tell her their whistling at her, because it´s true) and today while walking down the street she said to me.."Have they never seen a white girl before? sometimes, I just want to look at them and ask them...have you never seen a white girl before? and then walk away" what made it so adorable though is the accent. She´s the greatest and I´m sad that she´s going home in a week, we´ve been companions for 4.5 months! I feel like my other half is being taken away..far away. Oh well, that´s how it´s gotta be!

We had transfers this morning and I´m now with Hermana Bailey from UT! We´ve been friends the whole mission and are veryyyy excited to work together in Madero!

There´s some members in our ward who opened up a new fish restaurant and insisted on bringing us lunch on Thursday afternoon because they knew we would be having our weekly planning session. When they got to our house, I could not believe how much food they brought! A full fried fish with rice and salad for my companion, pollo empanizado for me with rice and salad, and ceviche! They´re trying to fatten us up! three members brought us dinner last night while my companion packed up all her bags. They´re the greatest and they sure love the missionaries. 

It´s starting to get hot again, really HOT. We realized how humid it was yesterday when we decided to wait on the other side of the street for the bus because there was shade, but then after standing there for a minute, it was just as hot as standing in the sun because the air (and the breeze) is hot. April, May, and June are the worst months. HERE WE GO! The baptism went great on Saturday. The family invited us over last night as well for a goodbye dinner and cake for Hna. Martinez. They have become out of our favorite families ever and all I can really think about is how grateful I am that the Lord has allowed me to come here and know such wonderful people. I´m seeing many people, young and old, make big changes in their lives, and they inspire me to be better, to always cling to this Gospel and never let it  go. The church is true!

Hermana Maki
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment