Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Time´s running out!

This week was a good one, very interesting and busy, as usual! I was able to go on exchanges with the sisters in Garcia Gineres (my first area) but Sister Brito is sick, so I went and took care of her so that her companion could work. Her companion had been in the house with her for a week after she got out of the hospital and was going crazy, she needed to go outside! I went and stayed with Hermana Brito for two days (She has a stomach infection, an swollen liver, and who knows what else!) and the 3rd day we hit it hard and went out to work. It was fun being back in my first area. While I was there, I was able to read a lot in the Book of Mormon and Liahona magazine. I studied this week a lot about sacrifice and the law of consecration. Our mission president invited us to study these topics, and then to ponder what we must do as missionaries to be more consecated in missionary work. I have always loved a small scripture that President Garcia always shares with us in his emails, "Look unto me in every thought, doubt not. Fear not." D&C 6:36. We must think of the Savior in all we do, and constantly remember HIS atonement. I know that if we can do so, we will have no reason to doubt or fear.  Being consecrated means giving ALL we have to build God´s kingdom upon the earth.  (material possesions, time, talents, etc) It means sacrificing and giving up wordly things, so that we can give time to the Lord to serve and help His children. As we do, he blesses us both temporally and spiritually. 

Yesterday we were able to watch the rededication of the temple in Mexico City. In stead of having normal church services, All members who were interviewed by the bishop with a current temple reccoment were able to attend in the stake center to watch the satellite viewing. It was amazing! Elder Holland Spoke, as well as President Eyring. My testimony was strengthened and I feel so grateful to have temples all over the earth, so that we can enter there and make covenants with our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ. Everytime I´m there, I feel my Heavenly Father´s love so strong, and feel so much closer to Him. In the temple we can leave behind all of our worries and frustrations, and focus on those things that will help us prepare to return to live in His prescence for all eternity. It is there were personal revelation comes flooding in, if we are prepared and always in tune with the Spirit. 


The work is giong just great in Madero. Karla and Edgar, an investigator and less active, and making plans to get married soon and are happier than ever. Last week, 15 less actives went to church, which also made me feel very happy because we have been working with them a lot in this area. 
That´s my quick update for this week, I love you all so much!

Hermana Maki 

No comments:

Post a Comment