Tuesday, May 13, 2014

#5!

No, not week #5, apostle #5..yep. 
I want everyone to picture in their mind general conference. Which apostle just comes out with a bang, every single time. Which apostle practically yells from the pulpit and usually points his finger a lot too? Ok...think about it...

Elder Holland! What a blessing to be able to hear him speak at the MTC on Tuesday night. You think you've heard Elder Holland throw it down a time or two at conference? Come to the MTC when he speaks, it's a whole different world. He warned us ahead of time that he would probably get a little worked up, and he definitely did.haha. It was so great! 

A couple things he said that struck me..the first one is less serious and just kinda made me laugh. He went on and on about how he just cannot live with the thought of return missionaries going inactive. "I just cannot live with that. If ANY of you in this room return home and go inactive, I WILL hunt you down and put my knee down your throat." Exact quote, and I'm not exaggerating. But also, he talked about our purpose as missionaries from Preach my Gospel. We are to invite and help others to come unto Christ, and how can I invite others to go somewhere I'm not? If we're inviting them to come unto Christ, we had better be where Christ is. Deep stuff..got me thinkin' for sure.

This week was yet another great week, and I'm a bit sad that it's my last week in the MTC but excited to fly to Mexico on Monday morning! 

This week, none other than Sister Kiersten Lind in Alaska sent me an awesome package with lots of good stuff, and the next day Bob and Lola Boyce had half a dozen of my favorite cupcakes delivered from the cocoa bean! I made sure to share with my companion (: and one of our investigators too. 

The Spanish is coming along well..only a few more lessons here and then it's REAL! Ah..can't believe it. 

No good pictrues, this week..lo siento. We've been too busy to do anything but go to class, teach, and prepare for Monday! (some sleep here and there too)

Just know that I love you all, the church is true, and to all the mothers, aunts, and grandmas reading this, have a wonderful Mother's Day! 

Until next week (:

Hermana Maki 

No comments:

Post a Comment