Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I'll be latina in no time

Hello everyone :)

My second week was even better than the first.

 Yesterday in church, I had to give a talk..scary! It went well and suprisingly I wasn't tooooo nervous. Sundays are my favorite because #1) there´s air conditioning in our chapel but more important #2) I feel the spirit so strong during church and it helps me reflect on my week. Church helps me remember why I came here, and that even though it's incredibly hard and I struggled a lot this week, I made the decisión to serve the Lord, and that he will not let me fail. I was studying this morning about the 2,000 stripling warriors in Alma 56. In verse 46, "Father, behold our God is with us, and he will not suffer that we should fall;then let us go forth" He´s not gonna let me fail! Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna fail, especially because the spanish is so hard right now, and I just want to be a good missionary! But I read this and just remember that the Lord is on my side, he's called me to be his servant, and all is ok :)

I don't want to complain about the weather in every email, but it is seriously hotter than I could've ever imagined here. I shower in the morning after our run, and within 5 minutes I'm sweaty! However, I already have a nice tan line on my feet from my shoes, I´ll be latina in now time (: not.

We taught a less active man this week named Pascual Cruz. He´s a hard core drinker, and he stopped drinking before his baptism for a while but has started again. It was so sad, he just cried the whole lesson about how he feels alone..His family wants nothing to do with him, he lives in his brother´s front yard in homemade tent like thingy..and it was tough to know what to tell him. As I was writing in my journal that night, it made me think about my family..how grateful I am that I don't have to deal with that. How grareful I am for my family. How grateful I am that my parents are faithful to the gospel and taught me the gospel from a young age. I feel truly blessed (: I really do.

Side note:
feeling pretty popular, my forehead is in this picture on lds.org of President Uchtdorf´s visit to the MTC for Easter. Pretty exciting right?!


Pictures. #1) my hammock! Sleeping in a hammock is hard, for me at least..I think because I'm huge..but I'm getting better. It was really weird at first, because we sleep opposite of the way the hammock hangs because it's better for your back.

Picture #2) This is the outside of our incredibly ugly house..


I love you all muchísimo!

Hermana Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment