Sunday, May 4, 2014

History in the making...

Talk about crazy fast week! I can't believe it's already p-day again..I just read over my email from last week and realized how scattered it is and how much random information is just thrown in there..I apologize, can't tell ya that it's gonna change though..there's just so much to pack into such a short period of time. Just get used to it I guess (:

Ok, wow.. Remember how I said that Elder Anderson came last Tuesday? yeah. Ok so then, President Uchtdorf showed up for the Easter Devotional on Sunday morning..wait what? It is UNHEARD of for a member of the First Presidency to come, they're just so busy! People were freakingggg out..Ok so then, as if this isn't enough, this past Tuesday night....Elder Dallin H. Oaks shows up! Seriously you guys, it was nuts. Three apostles of the Lord-8 days. I still can't believe it.. I know I'm probably being dramatic right now but seriously?
 I think my favorite talk was Elder Uchtdorf. He talked about Christ for the majority of the talk and it was super powerful, and he also touched on fear for a little while and it was pretty profound. He knew and elder who got up every morning, pointed at himself in the mirror, and said "I fear no man." And that elder then would leave his apartment, go teach people, and talk to everybody he saw during the day. He wasn't afraid to open his mouth and share the gospel. i want to be that kind of missionary.

Remember hearing me complain about my mission call being in April? Yeah...not complaining anymore. Heavenly Father knows his children and knows what they need. 

 We watched a video during the Sunday night devotional (not with an apostle, I think they wanted to give us a break)..anyway it was called "Because of Him." it's on Lds.org and Youtube and has a great message about Jesus Christ..I've watched it 3 times this week because I love it so much! and then once you watch it, share it on Facebook so your friends can see it too (: 

Rachel Camp asked me in her email this week if these lessons I've been teaching everyday to our investigators are in Spanish..and just so she, and everyone else knows in case you didn't, they sure are (: We taught our first spanish lesson on the 2nd day here, and lemme just tell ya, I've seen quite a bit of improvement in our lessons over the past 3 weeks. I have to send a weekly report to the branch president and after tallying everything up this week, I realized we've taught 20 lessons in the past 6 days. Most of them are between 35-55 minutes. 
Not only am I learning the language of Spanish, I'm also learning the language of the Spirit. That is what will guide you right. As we invite the spirit into our lives, the guidance and direction that comes is absolutely amazing. There have been times during our lessons where I have NO idea what to say or how to make the Spanish come out, but as I rely on the Spirit, the words come, just like it says in D&C 84:85.

Pictures:
1. Hermana Keaton with the easter bags we made for the elders in our zone!
2. My "Happy Easter from Hermana Maki picture!"


p.s. sorry that one of them is sideways.

I love you all, and I super appreciate the kind emails and letters I've received this week. I really enjoy printing out my emails and then just sitting there smiling/laughing the whole time I read them. I appreciate the love and support I feel from everybody back home each week. Love you all so much,

Hermana Maki 


No comments:

Post a Comment