Friday, June 26, 2015

Alma 56:47-48

I´ve had the opportunity for the past 13 months to testify to many people about my wonderful mother :) I often testify of her patience, devotion, and love for her 5 rambunctious children that she raised, many times with her husband far from home serving in the military. I testify of her example of diligence, gathering the whole family together at 6:30 each morning for family scripture study and prayer, whether we were in seminary or not. I testify of her as my best friend, someone who always was there to listen to me, who was concerned about her children´s progress and spiritual growth. Someone who always sat down next to me and gave me the comfort and advice that I needed, or sometimes just quietly listened while I vented for hours on end. I testify of a woman who is full of a mother´s love and is one of the kindest, sweetest, strongest people that I know on this earth. I testify of the love and support she sends from home to her missionary, far away in Mexico. I truly love her. Thanks, Mom, for being the person that I look up to most.

We had another great week..well, another hard week. but with many great experiences and miracles. We are trying to stay excited and keep our chins up although many people are rejecting us left and right. It helps me to look for the hand of the Lord each day, even when the days are long and sometimes really hard. When I step back to see the bigger picture, I´m more aware of just how much He blesses, protects, loves, and helps HIS missionaries. 

On Friday afternoon, we had to travel to the Elder´s area for lunch..to the farthest farthest part of their area. We got out of our lesson at 1:30 and grabbed a bus to be able to get there at 2..When we got to the sister´s house, she let us in and said, "Hi sisters! What can we do to help you?" and I responded..."It´s our turn to eat with you guys today!!!"..."No," she said, "you must´ve seen the list wrong." "Naal Hernandez is what the list says," I told her..and she just laughed and said, "Oh! that´s my sister in law, she lives four blocks that way. It´s hot! Do you want a popsicle while you walk?" Sure. thanks! jaja and we went on our way. When we got to their house, the sister answered the door and said the same, "hi sisters! What are you guys doing all the way out here?" I silently laughed and thought to myself...you are kidding me right? We´re fasting! (I was soooo ready to eat.) and she then explained to us that she accidentally signed up on our list and that the relief society president changed it to another day but for the elders so that we wouldn´t have to travel all the way out there, and that the president forgot to tell us.."and I didn´t even cook today, sisters! Otherwise I´d totally give you what we have." So...we called the relief society President who was getting ready to go to her shift in the temple, and she told us to just go over to her house (far away) and she would see what she could throw together. So we hopped in a mototaxi and went over, and she was getting back from the store with a small bag of food. We sat down and helped her as she whipped up a yummy lunch. Turns out she didn´t go to to temple, and when we called her, she said she only had 30 pesos ($2.00 USD) but that she has a testimony that when she feeds the missionaries, the Lord always provides a way. She remembered that she had some meat in the fridge from a few days before and some frozen vegetables in the freezer, so she ran to the store for salsa and tortillas and made a wonderful lunch out of it! I was humbled. She bore our testimony to us of being a newly wed (less than 2 years) and never really having money, but always being happy with what she has. "I´m sealed in the temple," she said, "My husband loves me, I have a calling, I have a house..I don´t have a car, nice clothes, or anything fancy. But I have the Gospel, and I have all I need to be happy." It was a testimony builder for me. I don´t need much to be happy either. I´ve got the Gospel, and that´s enough! I know that when we sacrifice other things to put the Lord first, he blesses us. He always provides a way. 

Until next week,

Hermana Maki :) 

fotos-
talking to the fam on mother´s day and last monday washing our hammocks! 





No comments:

Post a Comment