Friday, June 26, 2015

Miracles exist!

I can´t believe how busy this week was! We had no time to stop and even think.

On Monday, Adan and Wendy had to get all of their papers and birth certificates and copies to the registro civil (court house) so that they could plan the wedding and give them a date.
On Tuesday, they had to go to a marriage class in Centro that is required here before you can get married.
On Wednesday, Wendy canceled on us, (we were going to teach her the last lesson, but her neighbor passed away and she went to the funeral)
On Thursday, We went to their wedding in Centro, then went to eat with our Relief Society who is sick, (so she let us cook) and then over to Wendy´s house to cut the cake with them. After eating a piece of cake, we sat down under the tree with her on 5 gallon buckets and taught her lesson 5 and got her ready for her interview. Right after that, we went back into Centro, she had her interview with President Echeveria, and then we went to our missionary coorelation meeting.
On Friday, we had a NORMAL day, while trying to get everything planned and assigned for the baptism. Somewhat of a normal day…
On Saturday, She was baptized! We asked her to share her testimony at the baptism, and she said she didn´t want to. She asked me if I would share mine, and I told her of course I would! And then it came to my mind, “Tell her that you´ll do it if she does too!” So I bore my testimony first, holding back tears as I testified of how many times she shut the door on us or told us to come back another day, and then she stood up and bore her testimony, also testifying of how many times the sisters came back, and came back, and came back. She tried to get us out of her hair, but we were persistent. I saw something in Hermana Wendy. I saw a long life of pain and sadness inside of her that I knew the Atonement could fix. I was so grateful to have been a part of that baptism. My companion and I sang “I need thee every hour” with solos in both English and Spanish. After the baptism, the relief society sisters had a little party to celebrate her wedding and baptism at another hermana´s house so we went over there for sandwiches and cake. On Sunday, she showed up to church 20 minutes early instead of 20  minutes late and was dressed modestly! It was amazing the promises that were given to her as the bishop confirmed her a member of the church and confirmed the gift of the holy ghost. It was a long but wonderfullll week full of smiles and pictures.

I´ve really come to believe what President Boyd K Packer says about the influence of the doctrine of the Gospel on our lives, ““True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior.”
She definitely didn´t have a very good attitude or behavior for a longgg time, but humbling herself before the Lord and accepting the Gospel and accepting Jesus Christ has caused a change in her heart and a change in her behavior, and it has strengthened my testimony to see this change!

It was a great week to say the least. This week is the last week of this transfer, and we have lots of work to do!
Until next week,

Hermana Maki

 Photos- 
1)Baptism with Wendy and Adan
2) Learning how to make hammocks with Hna. Antonia 



No comments:

Post a Comment