Tuesday, August 18, 2015

This week was a hot one, to say the least.
Last monday my companion and I wanted to go to centro to look around at the shops, but it was the only day we can CHOOSE whether or not we want to be in the sun, so we decided to go home and rest. But it was so hot that we couldn´t even take a nap! we tried and it was a big failure.
My companion decided to take a shower, thinking that would help, but there´s only one setting on the water, in the summer it´s hot, and in the winter it´s cold. She took a hot shower and felt even worse, but the yucatecos loved it. I contacted a lady on the bus that same day who told me that what she loved most about yucatan was that you can take 5 showers a day here! That same night (monday) neither one of us could sleep. After about an hour my companion whipped out our little camping burner and heated up our awesome mexican soy milk and we fell right asleep. Not a boring day goes by in the mission, ever.

Last night I got up at 3 am to put an ice pack on my neck so that I could fall back asleep! I think the next time I see snow, tears will probably be shed.

This week we were teaching cristian, a little 9 year old girl who is preparing to be baptized. She´s the only one in her family that isn´t a member, they´ve been inactive for quite a while. We watched this video with her, https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-03-0040-video-presentation-walk-in-his-light?lang=eng
 
and we taught her about her divine worth! We taught the law of chastity and the word of wisdom, that if she keeps her body clean and pure, she can one day enter the temple, be sealed for time and all eternity, and have her very one eternal family. I almost cried during the video as I thought about her future. Years down the road she will be able to look back and remember that she kept the commandments from a young age and see the blessings that were received as a result of doing so. She ran up to us at church yesterday and gave us a big hug in her new sunday dress, it was so cute.
The work continues to go forth! There´s no resting in Madero, I know have 7 months in this area and hope that President lets me stay, we shall see. We´ve got another busy week ahead, so I must go.
Know that I love you all and pray that you will seek missionary opportunities everyday :)

con amor,

Hermana Melody Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment